Tuesday, 14 April 2015

LGBT Book Reading Challenge 2015

This reading challenge is hosted by nijifeels.  One of the reasons I started blogging was to discover more about books and people, LGBT is one of the things I know little about and so this is a great way of learning more about LGBT issues and how to be supportive.

So, back to the reading challenge.  'LGBT' includes the whole spectrum, not only lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and trans, but also queer, questioning, asexual etc.  The books can also be in any genre. There are also levels, these are:
YA ALLEGIANT: read 3-10 YA LGBT books 
GENRE HOPPER: read 3-10 LGBT books from any genre 
YA DEVOURER: 10+ YA LGBT books 
OMNIVOROUS BOOKGLUTTON: 10+ LGBT books from any genre
I am hoping to get Genre Hopper.  This is my book list so far, it will probably be added to as I find more books.  If you have any recommendations, I would be super grateful for them!!

LGBT List:
The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson - 17/7/15
Naked by (Library)
Maurice by 
Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg
Borrowed Time: An AIDS Memoir by 

You can follow the reading challenge in general through the twitter hashtag #LGBTChallenge2015 Also a cool info graphic courtesy of @chescaleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.